When your kids want Swedish Meatballs, make them grain-free with almond flour. Plus, almond flour adds health protein.
Bread-less Swedish Meatballs
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 organic egg
- 1 organic egg yolk
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 large onion, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg (hint: keep them in the freezer and grate them with a microplane)
- Mix all ingredients well and shape into 1″ balls.
- Fry in batches (don’t crowd the pan) in a non-toxic skillet until almost cooked through.
- After all batches are browned, transfer them all back into the skillet.
- Add 1 cup (or more if desired) of organic chicken broth.
- Finish cooking and serve warm.
- To freeze, line a large ziploc bag with parchment paper and place meatballs inside.
- To re-heat, let thaw slightly and transfer to a skillet to reheat.
- You can add additional organic stock if it is not “saucy” enough or to keep the meatballs from drying out.